martes, 23 de septiembre de 2008

The heart of the 80s

It's been a while since I wrote anything in english, so here I go, for my international friends.

This week I've got my hands on "Huey Lewis and the News Greatest Hits". Wow. What a trip to the 80s.

Maybe it's not the greatest music ever done, but when I hear it, I hear the essence of the 80s. His voice, along with the big-shoulders, short sleeves red coat. Do I need to mention the molotov cocktail of "The power of love" (maybe their greatest hit) with Back to the Future, a really iconic movie of the 80s?

Lyrics aren't GREAT, but I feel a teen again when I hear "Stuck with you" or "If this is it".

Remembering good old times, it's almost a year since I moved. If I start listing all the things I've been through this year, anyone could easily say it's been the worse year of my life. I'm not so sure, but sure it's been tough. In any case, I feel that I can't just lay down my arms. I have the two most powerful reasons a man can have.

Step by step, one by one, higher and higher
Step by step, rung by rung climbing Jacob's ladder

No hay comentarios: